Spring weddings are beautiful occasions! The snow has melted and nature is waking up. Now that the sun is starting to come back out, brides are celebrating the season by getting married during the springtime.
Whether you’re the bride to be or one of the bridesmaids, we’re sure you’re looking for inspiration and help with dressing up for the big day. Here are our styling tips for brides and bridesmaids getting ready for a spring wedding.
Mismatching colours is a-ok
Unlike the other seasons where mismatching kind of makes a wedding look off-kilter, mismatching colours in spring is perfectly acceptable! It goes with the theme of every flower being unique regardless of its appearance—why not look unique on the big day too? It’s actually normal to see the bride dressed in white while her bridesmaids have similar colours but different styles and lengths of dresses this time of the year.
Alternatively, opt in for having a few darks mixed in with the light and pastel shades of colours on your wedding day. You and your ladies will look fabulous in the wedding photos, indoors and out!
Say YES to prints!
Spring dresses have LOTS of flowers printed on them! Why not make your ladies look fabulous with the following print options?
- Flora – one of our most popular floral prints, and perfect for spring weddings
- Unicorn – for ladies who want all the different colours spring has to offer!
- Sakura – named after the classically gorgeous cherry trees seen throughout Vancouver BC, evoking tree branches about to burst into full bloom
- Lava – for those who like a more striking contrast at their spring wedding
- Galaxy – the blues and browns in this print swirl together to make one beautiful, lasting print choice
Ask Emily for free swatches if you’re curious about these prints!
Lighter fabrics = cooler bridesmaids
Depending on the location and venue for the wedding, you’ll want to dress up in light, breezy, and breathable fabrics such as cotton as opposed to heavy materials such as velvet. Remember, you add extra layers when it’s chilly like in fall and winter, and remove until there’s one layer of clothing in spring and summer. This will make sure everyone stays fresh and alert when the wedding is taking place!
Spring is the season of flowers! This may be why spring in general is very popular for weddings: the fresher and newer the flower is, the more fragrant it is. Brides and bridesmaids alike can use this symbol of spring in all sorts of ways.
- The bouquet is a classic staple of spring weddings. Try using fresh daisies, pale roses, peonies, and tulips.
- Corsages aren’t just for prom night! Accessorize your bridesmaids with a corsage using fresh spring flowers or silk ones (in case you or your ladies have allergies).
- Headdresses or flower crowns can add a sense of freshness to your look. Use fake flowers if you have allergies or are sensitive to the real deal. Alternatively you could try making daisy chains using either real or fake flowers for bracelets or headwear.
Pastels for everyone!
Pastels are soft and blend well with some skin tones in women. It’s why certain colours such as blush pink are very popular for spring weddings! If pink isn’t to your liking, there are lots of other beautiful pastels to choose from such as yellow, blue, green, and purple. Cream and teal are also popular this time of the year. Leave white alone for the bride though! You can find examples of these lighter colours in our online shop:
- Blush pink
- Light pink
If you need help with these colours or want to make a request, again the best way to decide or get help is to send Emily a message.
Styling tips for spring weddings
The style of your bridesmaid dress will depend on the venue, the wedding’s theme (if there is one), the decoration colour scheme, and the location of the ceremony (indoors or outdoors). The kinds of shoes you’ll want to pair with your dress, the sleeves of your dress, and additional accessories such as a jacket will all vary depending on the day itself.
- If you’re going for mismatching colours, having the same length of dress will be best.
- If you’re going for a similar shade of colour, feel free to mismatch the length and even the style of dress.
- Both open and closed-face shoes are acceptable, but again this will depend on the location (in or out).
- You know what they say…April showers bring May flowers. If the forecast is calling for rain on your big day, here are some tips on how to style and prepare for the weather!
You’re now ready to rock the spring wedding! Need more help? Why not ask Emily? Dressing up brides and bridesmaids for weddings in all seasons is a specialty of hers! You can send her a message, or check out our Bridesmaids section on the website to find out why Love U convertible wrap dresses may be your perfect choice. We look forward to meeting you and helping you out with your big day!
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Love U Designs and a clickable link back to this page