It’s time to ring in 2020 in style! We’re very excited to see this New Year come around. 2019 was a great year for us and we’ve got a feeling that next year will be even better!
It’s time to ring in the New Year in style—a style that is uniquely you. Here are our convertible wrap dress styling tips for this awesome holiday and special occasion.
Who and where?
Who are you celebrating the New Year with? Is it with your best friends in a group party, or are you spending it with your lover or spouse at home? Whoever you are celebrating with and where you choose to go can have an impact on the length of your convertible dress.
- Gala balls or black tie events require a more formal look to outfits. For these occasions, floor-length dresses are a must.
- If you’re heading to a NYE party, bar, or club, mini-length dresses can be dressed up or down depending on how you want to spend the night. Mini-length is great if you want to hit the dance floor!
- Knee-length options are great for semi-formal parties and events. They are short enough for you to dance in, but long enough to be elegant. Some people call these types of dresses ‘cocktail dresses’ which are also acceptable for these kinds of NYE celebrations.
Of course, if you’re planning to celebrate at home, there’s nothing wrong with dressing up like you’re going out either! You can look great in the comfort of your home and dance like no one’s watching (because, lo and behold, they’re not!), or just sit back and relax—there’s no limit to how you can celebrate this holiday.
As for sleeves…there are so many options out there. One-shoulder is great for plus and queen size dresses, while sleeved are classics any day of the year. Halters and strapless can be great if you want to look fancy without exposing your bra straps or you want to show off your jewelry and bling.
For more tips on how to get proper sleeves, check out our styling tips videos.
Popular colour choices
These colours are classics for New Year’s Eve:
- Dark blue
Alternatively you can accessorize a white dress with all of the above colours, and we have lots of options in our shop for solid colours specifically.
Did you know that the Chinese zodiac can also influence people’s choices in colours? 2020 will be known as the Year of the Rat, so the most popular colours for the occasion are purple, blue, grey, and white. It’s believed that wearing metal accessories will bring you good luck.
The elements in Feng Shui may also influence dress colour choices. These elements are fire, water, wood, wind, and metal. In 2020’s case, this will be the Metal Rat, so opt in for colours that are white, blue, green, and charcoal grey to best represent that Feng Shui element. If you want to find similar colours in our shop, there are the Shimmer Grey, White, and Grey wrap dress options that are still available for ordering!
The above info is also a great tip if you’re completely stumped on colours to wear when the actual Chinese Year in 2020 arrives (which will be Saturday January 25, 2020—now you know!).
Because it isn’t New Year’s Eve without some fun accessories! These ideas can add some extra glamour to your look for the evening.
- Masks. Some gala events encourage you to wear one or pose with one for photos.
- Crowns/tiaras. Because everyone deserves to feel like a queen on this night, even if you’re at home watching TV (spoil yourself a little if you must!).
- Bling (all of the bling!). Love U offers specially made brooches that you can inquire to Emily about (keep in mind that they will cost you extra and are completely optional). The sparklier the better!
- Gloves. These can make you look marvelous at the more formal gala NYE events.
- Jewelry. Pearl necklaces can give your darker coloured dress an elegant, classic touch, or opt in for simple gold and silver earrings, necklaces, and rings.
Have a fun and relaxing New Year’s Eve! If you liked these options for dresses, why not choose your NYE dress at our online shop? Feel free to contact Emily if you have any further questions. Happy New Year!!!
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Love U Designs and a clickable link back to this page.